Disney announces the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi with the following information, box art trailer and clip.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and viaÂ Movies Anywhere onÂ March 13, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand onÂ March 27.Â
And along with the number one movie of 2017 comes a galaxy of bonus features, includingÂ The Director and the JediÂ â€”Â an intimate journeyÂ into the creation ofÂ Star Wars:Â The Last JediÂ with writer-director Rian Johnson â€” as well as 14 deleted scenes, an audio commentary, and much more. The full list includes*:
- The Director and the JediÂ â€“ Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movieâ€”and experience what itâ€™s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the ForceÂ â€“ Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space BattleÂ â€“ Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and MirrorsÂ â€“ Motion capture andÂ Star WarsÂ collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movieâ€™s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on CraitÂ â€“ Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movieâ€™s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only)Â â€“ Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkisâ€™ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted ScenesÂ â€“ With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio CommentaryÂ â€“ View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
*Â Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Star Wars: The Last JediÂ will come in a variety of packages, including the Multi-screen Edition (includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy), the 4K Ultra HD Collectorâ€™s Edition (including 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and a Digital copy), and Best Buy and Target retailer exclusives. The 4K Ultra HD version features the extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness of Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range, paired with fully immersive picture and sound with Dolby Atmos audio.
FEATURE RUN TIME:Â Approximately 152 min.
RATING:Â PG-13 in U.S.; PG in CE; PG in CF
ASPECT RATIO:Â 2.39:1
4K UHD (US): English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos; English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
4K UHD (Canada): English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos; English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Digital 4K UHD:Â English Dolby Atmos (where available), English 7.1 Dolby Digital (where available), English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (where available)
Digital HD:Â English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (where available)
UHD / BD:Â English SDH, French & Spanish
DVD:Â English SDH, French & Spanish
Digital:Â English SDH, English Closed Caption, French & Spanish (where available)