The plot for the upcoming Spider-Man PS4 video game may have been accidentally leaked online.
The Spider-Man PS4 IMDb was updated with a plot synopsis and then taken down (spotted by Comics Beat):
Spider-Man must fight the terrifying foe Green Goblin as he contends with his usual life of being a married man with a daughter. But when the Goblin hatches a sinister plan, can Spidey save his family and himself?
The description does seem to fit what is known about the Spider-Man PS4 video game in that it will feature a more mature Spider-Man who has already mastered his powers (it's not connected to Spider-Man: Homecoming).
Obviously, the Spider-Man PS4 video game plot synopsis could be a fake as users have already added false "descriptions" to the IMDb listing which are filled with grammatical error and mispellings, but the listing currently does say it is in need of a "Synopsis."
If the Spider-Man PS4 video game plot is legit, it could be hinting at two big things: The Sinister Six ("Goblin hatches a sinister plan") and also possibly Spider-Man's daughter from the comics, Annie Parker, who is from an altenate reality seen in the Battleworld event.
The Spider-Man PS4 video game is currently untitled and has no release date, but what we do know about the game includes:
• The Spider-Man PS4 video game will have a PS4 Pro release.
• It's an authentic, brand new, standalone game exclusively for PS4 and not not tied to the new Spider-Man: Homecoming movie.
• Spider-Man is not a teenager in the PS4 game.
• Spider-Man has mastered his powers.
• The official description for the game reads: Marvel and Insomniac Games team up to create a brand-new, authentic Spider-Man story exclusively for PlayStation 4. Take control of an experienced Peter Parker who is more masterful at fighting crime.
• Peter Parker has a different Spider-Man costume.
• The story in the game will reveal why Spider-Man has a different costume (and more).
• This Spider-Man has been fighting crime for a bit and he’s mastered his abilities.
• Takes place in NYC.
• The evolution of Spider-Man's traversal skills, and bringing that into combat is also a unique new element to the game.
• The combat you’ll experience in the game is everything you want Spider-Man combat to be.