13 New Details For Spider-Man: Homecoming
Marvel and Sony have also released a cool new image of an unmasked Tom Holland, and you can watch the trailer teaser below.
Now in an interview with USA Today, the following details are made known about Spider-Man: Homecoming:
• Spider-Man: Homecoming begins with Peter wrestling with a return to his normal life in Queens after being recruited by Stark and surviving his first huge superhero battle (Captain America: Civil War). Taking the subway to school again for his sophomore year is tough for the kid. “He literally just went to Europe with the coolest clique of them all,” says co-producer Eric Hauserman Carroll. “And now he’s back with the academic decathlon and the mathletes and going, ‘What am I doing here?’ ”
- Peter is dealing with a pesky arch enemy, the Vulture.
- Adrian Toomes, an average Joe with criminal tendencies and a wicked wing suit.
- “The first time we see the Vulture is terrifying,” Holland teases. “It’s like a horror movie: really scary, very intense and shocking.”
- The Spidey foe is different than other Marvel baddies such as Thanos and Ultron, Watts says. “It’s fun to think that if Spider-Man is a regular kid who becomes a superhero, there’s got to be a bunch of regular guys who become supervillains, too.
• Peter and his classmates attend a high school for gifted kids.
• Peter is in his sophomore year.
• Peter is trying to impress his new benefactor Tony Stark.
• They are skipping the backstory.
• The filmmakers want to focus on his life as a teen crushing on girls and navigating his formative years, albeit with really cool abilities.
• "...more a character piece about this kid who's struggling to talk to girls and also struggling to save the city," says Tom Holland.
• “This is really a movie where Spider-Man’s not the finished article,” Holland says. “He really does learn and he makes massive mistakes. It’s nice to see a kid do that and then try to rectify those mistakes.”
"Spider-Man: Homecoming" has a July 7, 2017 release directed by Jon Watts starring Tom Holland, Zendaya, Michael Keaton, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Tyne Daly, Bokeem Woodbine, with Marisa Tomei, and Robert Downey Jr.
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.