Next year sees the culmination of the past ten years of Marvel Studios movies assemble with the release of The Avengers 4, which also caps their Phase 3 plans.
It's already known that Marvel's Phase 4 plans will be COSMIC in nature, and now while attending the Produced By Conference, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige talks more about their Phase 4 plans where it's mentioned they will be using new characters and more.
Feige was asked about what's next following The Avengers 4, with Feige stating they are working on:
- Continuing stories of characters you're familiar with.
- Different incarnations of characters you know.
- Introducing completely new characters you never heard of before (unless you are a comics fan).
What next after Avengers IW2? Kevin Feige says he is working on:— Digital LA (@DigitalLA) June 9, 2018
- Continuing stories of characters you're familiar with
- Different incarnations of characters you know
- Introducing completely new characters you never heard of before (unless ur a comics fan) #ProducedBy2018
Two movies are already known for Marvel's Phase 4 plans, which includes Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 next July, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, which films next January and will be released in 2020, an Eternals movie has been rumored, and a Black Widow prequel movie might be released.
Marvel fans have a lot of requests of their own, and there have been rumors including possibly movies for Nova, The Winter Soldier, Sentry, Moon Knight, and additional films for Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man.
Up next from Marvel Studios is Ant-Man and the Wasp on July 6, Captain Marvel hits March 8, 2019, The Avengers 4 has a May 3, 2019 release, Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 gets released July 5, 2019, and James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy 3 looks to have a 2020 release date.
Disney CEO Bob Iger also said an Avengers 5 is a possibility in addition to other Avengers movies.