With the release of The Avengers: Infinity War out on Blu-Ray, Joe and Anthony Russo have teamed with Wire for a "Every HeroÂ Explained" video.
"Tony Stark is Iron Man. I think in a lot of ways he is the heart and soul of the Marvel Universe," Joe Russo says.
Anthony Russo adds, "Tony Stark's powers are fascinating because they basically come from his mind. They come from his scientific knowledge, his brilliance, his intelligence, and his sort of aspirations. It allows you to sort of track a journey in the character and watch him evolve and to better himself through the use of these powers."
"He's a fascinating character, a character we love," Joe Russo said. "Because he is imminently flawed, and we like characters that are challenging, that express their humanity. I think Tony Stark does that as well as any of the characters. He started off as a narcissistic alcoholic and grew into a hero, which I think makes him eminently relatable and why he signifies what the Marvel Universe stands for."
Watch more about the characters below:
The Russo brothers, directors of 'Avengers: Infinity War,' break down every single hero that appears in the movie. Anthony and Joe go through all the heroes in 'Infinity War' and talk about every character's role in the film, as well as their backstories.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)â€“ Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first timeâ€”and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) â€“ Explore the MCUâ€™s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) â€“ Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanosâ€™ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) â€“ Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) â€“ Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming weddingâ€”until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) â€“ On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanosâ€™ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) â€“ As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Fatherâ€™s Choice (4:00) â€“ Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her pastâ€”and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)â€“ Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
- A Directorsâ€™ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) â€“ Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universeâ€™s larger storytelling adventure.