Evil Superman Rumored For Justice League Comic-Con Trailer
From bad to worse to worst?
I can't imagine WB going this route for Superman myself - especially following the huge success of Wonder Woman, which was basically a Superman movie - but it's being rumored that when Henry Cavill returns as Superman in the Justice League movie--he returns as evil (cue Dr. Evil pinky)!
Snyder and WB already ticked off fans in Man of Steel and then even more in Batman Vs. Superman with Superman's portrayal, so will the trend continue with an evil Justice League Superman? I suppose anything is possible, and it could have been Snyder's plan all along.
The rumor comes from Reddit where a user claims a Twitter source or two filled him in that a soon to be released Justice League trailer - presumably at Comic-Con - will feature Henry Cavill in the black Superman costume apparently evil.
The rumored Justice League trailer is described as:
• The trailer starts off with Batman recruiting The Flash, with the new DC logos then shown.
• The trailer uses the music of ACDC's "Thunderstruck."
• A montage of the team is shown:
- Bruce talking to Diana at a museum.
- Cyborg looks depressed as he walks through the halls of his high school using some sort of holographic projection to look normal, with Victor stating, "I never asked for this. I didn't want to be some thing."
- Aquaman is in Atlantis, said to resemble a castle in ruins, talking with Willem Dafoe's Vulko about his destiny.
- A Motherbox is being guarded by Atlantean soldiers--when Steppenwolf and his forces attack. Steppenwolf takes the Motherbox, with Aquaman in pursuit swimming after him. Steppenwolf throns his axe at Aquaman, and in slow-motion, Aquaman dodges it (under water).
• The Justice League trailer cuts to Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Cyborg who are under heavy attack by the Parademons in some kind of tunnel. They are being overwhelmed, and then the tunnel floods with Aquaman showing up to save the team. Aquaman says, "Dressed like a bat. I dig it." Aquaman then asks Batman for help.
• Cut to the Justice League entering the Batcave where Flash geeks out. Batman talks about the Parademons kidnapping scientists (calls them "creatures). Wonder Woman asks what's the plan. The Flash asks Alfred for some room service, with Alfred walking off.
• Another montage of action is shown including:
- A slow-motion shot of Wonder Woman falling trying to reach her sword as The Flash tips it with his finger so she can grab it.
- Cyborg punches Aquaman, as Aquaman throws Cyborg against the wall.
- Shots transition to Aquaman throwing Bruce against a wall.
- A scene shows Aquaman, Wonder Woman and The Flash guarding what appears to be the scout ship.
- Batman gliding into a Parademon.
- Steppenwolf stepping on Wonder Woman's chest.
- Cyborg standing on a football field.
- The Flash then is shown making a joke about Cyborg looking like the Tin Man.
• The Justice League title card is then shown, with next scene described to be the "money shot":
- Batman is in the Batmobile is driving toward some kind of ship when a black costumed Superman with a beard and longer hair lands right between Batman and the ship. Superman has red eyes and an evil smirk (fire is said to be in the background, raining ash... "it's a great visual shot") while Batman has a look of "oh shit" on his face, and the trailer ends.
• More on Superman:
- The black Superman suit is said to be amazing with no cape.
- The chest symbol is bigger than usual and said to resemble the "Kingdom Come" Superman chest symbol.
- It has more of a dark grey than silver.
- There is also some kind of long grey thin line in the middle of the suit going from the symbol to the waist.
- "The design of the suit itself looks like molten lava (with glowing lines of red under the suit, too)."