The Wolverine Trailer Details Reveal Huge Controversial Spoiler
[[wysiwyg_imageupload:6264:]]Looks like we don't have to wait that long to get the details on The Wolverine trailer that is attached to next week's G.I. Joe Retaliation as reportedly someone has seen it and spilled the beans.
The YouTube channel SchmoesKnow reportedly knows a source that has provided the following details, revealing a major - and controversial - spoiler about the movie.
• The tone is said to be very dark.
• A woman approaches a disheveled Wolverine, approaches him and says, Wolverine?" To which he responds I don't go by that name anymore.
• She then tells him she has someone that wants to meet him.
• She brings Logan on to a plane where there is this old Japanese man.
• A flashback scene happens where we see Wolverine saving the Japanese man, shielding him from an explosion.
• So the Japanese man now says he wants to repay the debt.
• There are more flashbacks showing Wolverine fighting, on trains, etc.
• There is one where Wolverine takes on a ninja wielding dual swords who slashes him. The cuts heal with Wolverine looking all happy, killing the ninja.
• The Japanese man the says something about repaying old vendettas, with Wolverine replying "you can't take away what's happened to me, etc."
• The Japanese guy says "never say never."
• The trailer ends with Wolverine realizing he can't heal himself anymore, and then it just cuts out.
I believe this takes place after X-Men 3, so perhaps losing the healing factor is explained by what happened at the end of that movie with Jean Grey attempting to rip apart Wolverine?
That's my only guess, because otherwise...just not sure abut that. Guess we'll see.
This also might explain the Wolverine bone-claws image that landed online (below).
The Wolverine has a July 26th, 2013 release date, also starring Brian Tee, Will Yun Lee, and Hiroyuki Sanada.
Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine, the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.