WBTV Reveals 2016 Comic-Con Bags
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION’S OFFICIAL COMIC-CON® BAGS GET A NEW INTERACTIVE UPDATE WITH THE BLIPPAR APP, ALLOWING FANS TO UNLOCK AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE
The Collectible Backpack-Style Bags Highlight the Following Series and Movies:
Warner Bros. Television’s The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Blindspot, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, The Originals/ The Vampire Diaries Combo, Supergirl and Supernatural
Warner Bros. Animation’s Teen Titans Go! and Justice League Action, Along with Blue Ribbon Content’s Vixen
DC Super Hero Girls Universe
Plus Warner Bros. Pictures’ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Suicide Squad
BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2016) — Just #Blipp it! Warner Bros. and Comic-Con® are once again teaming up on the official bags of SDCC, with 18 different versions for fans to enjoy, and this year, the cool convention carriers come with a hidden secret — an interactive, augmented reality experience courtesy of the visual discovery app Blippar. This year, it’s not what’s in the bag, but what’s on the bag — and just a few simple steps will allow fans to unlock the surprise content, using the Blippar app on iOS and Android devices.
For 2016, there will be more options than ever — 18 bold new designs — for fans to collect their Comic-Con swag in one super-cool, ultra-convenient and, now, interactive backpack-style bag. The bags are distributed to fans when checking in at the show, and this marks the seventh year that Warner Bros. is providing the official bag of the world’s leading comics and pop culture convention.
• To experience the special content from the bags, fans can download the free Blippar app to an iOS or Android mobile device, then scan the bag using the device’s camera via the Blippar app to unlock the exclusive augmented reality experience.
• For more information about how this works, please click on the videos below, which includes a special message from The Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder.
• Each of the 18 different editions of the 2016 Comic-Con bag features three panels of artwork, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing. On one side of the bag is a Velcro-fastened cover flap featuring iconic show-related imagery that opens to reveal a second unique show-related design; the all-new Comic-Con 2016 official design appears on the opposite side.
• More than 135,000 bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
• Warner Bros. Television series featured on the SDCC bags are The 100, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Blindspot, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, Supergirl, Supernatural and a combo bag with The Originals and The Vampire Diaries
• Warner Bros. Animation series highlighted are Justice League Action and Teen Titans Go!, as well as Blue Ribbon Content’s digital series Vixen
• The all-new DC Super Hero Girls universe is also showcased
• Two bags will also feature upcoming films Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them from Warner Bros. Pictures. Suicide Squad is released August 5, while Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them debuts November 18.
Click to enlarge: