The Walking Dead Season 6 Premiere Headlines NYCC Super Week
ReedPOP, the world’s largest producer of pop culture events, today unveiled its outstanding line-up for the second annual New York Super Week; a weeklong festival that will transform the entire city of New York into the ultimate playground for pop culture fanatics and geeks of all sizes. Headlined by AMC Network's season six premiere of The Walking Dead at Madison Square Garden and ESL One - the largest e-sports tournament on the East Coast, New York Super Week offers a Fan experience unlike anything on the planet with special celebrity appearances, concerts, comedy shows, gaming events and more throughout New York City. The weeklong festival of approximately 100 events from October 5–11, 2015 culminates with the 10th Edition of New York Comic Con, the most exciting entertainment event on the East Coast with more than 151,000 Fans in attendance. Tickets to each New York Super Week event are sold individually and prices will vary based on event.
Fans can visit NewYorkSuperweek.com for detailed ticketing information.
New York Super Week is a super-charged multi-borough festival featuring an array of one-of-a-kind entertainment events that give thousands of Fans completely unique and immersive experiences. Today's announcement reveals the following events, concerts, screenings and activities happening all throughout New York City including:
- Two signings with renowned Japanese Manga Artist Masashi Kishimoto who will make his first appearances in the United States
- Special How Did This Get Made? live podcast
- Hollywood Babble-On with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman
- Comedy Mutant: Stand-Up Special with Brian Posehn and Friends
- Multiple events featuring cast members of The Thrilling Adventure Hour
- PressPlay Tour Featuring Fan-Favorite Social Media All-Stars
- DMC (Darryl McDaniels) rare Concert and Discussion
- A Game of Thrones podcast followed by a live DJ set by Kristian Nairn (a.k.a. Hodor)
- Karaoke with the Broadway Stars
- RAWR! Burlesque returns after a sold-out show last year
- Rock n’ Comix concert featuring Charles Soule
- Numerous Film and Documentary Screenings with select Directors and cast members at IFC Center
"New York Super Week was created because quite frankly, New York Comic Con had outgrown itself and there is so much demand out there for unique fan experiences," said Lance Fensterman, Senior Global Vice President ReedPOP. "We've learned some things from last year and we're working on making things even greater for our Fans."
These events round out the previously announced events such as Blade Rave by BBQ Films at Terminal 5, the first ever live podcast of Stuff You Missed in History Class, the Lord of the Rings Shipwreck Fan Fiction Competition, the Muppet Vault celebrating all things Muppets and many, many more! For a full comprehensive schedule and line-up of events Fans can visit NewYorkSuperWeek.com.
Additional details about New York Super Week events, guests and sponsors will be rolling out in the coming weeks.
Please note, the New York Super Week Card is not a New York Comic Con ticket or a ticket to any New York Super Week ticketed events — those must be purchased separately.