My high hopes of seeing Unicron unleashed in Transformers: The Last Knight look to be crushed based on new rumors surrounding the movie, which sound frickin' horrible.
Per the title, JoBlo is stating the plot of Transformers: The Last Knight will center around the legend of the Merlin and the Arthurian Knights of the Round Table.
The details have it that Optimus Prime finds his home planet of Cyberton, which is now dead -- and Optimus is responsible for killing it. Well, Optimus finds a way to bring Cybertron back to life with the help of an artifact that is on Earth.
It's said the artifact ties in with Merlin as - get this - the power of magic was given to Merlin by a Transformer, which the artifact ties into (somehow). It's also speculated it may have something to do with the sword, Excalibur (again per the title logo).
If the plot details are indeed true, it basically sounds like Michael Bay is adapting the Arthurian legend of the Knights of the Round Table, the Holy Grail (could be the artifact), and I am wondering if Bay is going to throw in the Merovingians, Mary Magdalene and the Illuminati to boot.
What a disaster.
That said, JoBlo also has it that:
• Bumblebee will me more the leader as Optimus is off on his own mission.
• Hound, Crosshairs, and Drift are said to be returning.
• The Autobots have set up camp in the Badlands of South Dakato, which serves as their base of operations.
• Dinobots are said to be back in addition to "mini-dinobots" (unclear what that means).
• Three new Transformers will be featured in the movie, including some with "English" origins (meaning English accents).
• It's speculated Anthony Hopkins is voicing one of the "English" Transformers.
• One of the "English" Transformers is called "The Creator" who is said to have ties to the origins of the Transformers.
• Another "English" Transformer is named Cogman whose vehicle-mode is an Astin Martin.
• A third "English" Transformer is said to be named Squeaks whose vehicle-mode is a Vespa.
"Transformers: The Last Knight" has a June 23, 2017 release directed by Michael Bay starring Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel, Stephen Merchant, Isabela Moner, Jean Dujardin, Jerrod Carmichael, Allen Phoenix, Anthony Hopkins, with Peter Cullen returning as the voice of Optimus Prime.