April sees the return of Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning to Guardians of the Galaxy in the form of backup stories and a movie tie-in prelude.
The cosmic duo formerly known as DnA are no longer working together, and now Dan Abnett has offered the following.
We see that Dan Abnett will be writing the back-up story in Guardians of the Galaxy #14, and that Abnett and Lanning will be penning the prelude.
We also see that Guardians of the Galaxy movie director James Gunn was instrumental in getting DnA back on Guardians.
Thanks, James! Class act!
Via Bleeding Cool:
Andy Lanning and I are no longer working together, and indeed haven’t worked together since early last year except to finish commitments. The very long-standing relationship was no longer working, and the split was for the best. I am very much happier now working solo. Throughout our partnership, I had always worked solo too, and that’s what I will be doing from hereon: at the moment on Battlestar Galactica (Dynamite), He-Man (DC), 2000AD strips, projects for Boom! and Dark Horse, and other unannounced work for DC and Marvel, as well as game writing (Alien: Isolation and Shadow Of Mordor), and, of course, my novels for Warhammer 40K and others.
The one exception to our parting is the GoTG work for Marvel, which is new. I am extremely excited at the prospect of the movie, and flattered that the DnA version has been developed in this way. We were lucky enough to get several set visits, and during one of those director James Gunn requested that we work on new material to support the film release. Neither of us wanted to disappoint James, so we took on the work as a ‘last job’. These, as I said, are new material, and very much led by the movie continuity.
The announced story in the “100th” issue will be from me solo. Hope this clarifies things.
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #14
Brian Michael Bendis (W) • Nick Bradshaw (A/C)
100th issue ANIVERSARY CELEBRATION!
• 45 years in the making! It’s finally here!!! The 100th issue of Guardians of the Galaxy! (Okay it’s actually the 101st, but we had an X-Men crossover to get through! Sheesh!)
• It’s an all-star celebration of the most popular super team of 2014 as cosmic captain Brian Michael Bendis welcomes Nick Bradshaw (WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN) to the team!
• As the GOTG gets ready for new members VENOM and CAPTAIN MARVEL, there are unexpected dangers that promise to tear the team to its core.
• Plus in this special double sized anniversary issue...two special back up stories by former GOTG writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning!
48 PGS./Rated T …4.99
MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY PRELUDE #1 (OF 2)
DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING (W) • WELLINTON ALVES (A)
GET READY FOR MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY WITH AN ALL-NEW COMIC BOOK PRELUDE—WRITTEN BY COSMIC LEGENDS DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING!
• Who is Nebula? What tragic events forged her unbreakable allegiance to her dark lord? Find out here!
• Plus: Gamora! Korath! And more from the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99