[[wysiwyg_imageupload:5884:]]We are about three and a half months out from Zack Snyder's new Superman movie, Man of Steel, and reports are coming in about early screenings.
Seems it's such a super hit that the Man of Steel is being described as a contender for the best movie of the year.
Previously, the Man of Steel was predicted to achieve a $700 million opening, and we know that the Justice League movie depends on the success of it, so this news looks to be another good sign.
JoBlo has an insider contact who gave them some updates about the Man of Steel that included it's not as dark as some seem to think, and that Snyder is saving all the action for the movie and not the trailers.
Here's what they have:
- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It's the best movie of the year.
- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place
Fans can also look forward to more trailers and images as WB kicks their Man of Steel pr campaign into gear in the coming weeks.
An official look at Antje Traue as Faora looks to be the hot property desired as of right now in addition to any looks at the new Krypton.
Man of Steel flies into theaters June 14th, 2013 in IMAX 3D rated PG-13 directed by Zack Snyder and starring Henry Cavill as Superman, Michael Shannon as Zod, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Kevin Coster as Jonathan "Pa" Ke nt, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha "Ma" Kent, Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy, Harry Lennix as General Swanwick, Antje Traue as Faora and Aylet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News Man of Steel movie news hub for more.