Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deleted Scenes Revealed
With the Star Wars: The Force Awakens home release becoming available in April, it's become known seven deleted scenes will be featured.
Update: Watch a teaser trailer for the deleted scenes below.
EW.com has a run-down:
• A scene involves John Boyega’s FN-2187 prior to him fleeing the First Order: Flynn has the blood on his mask and comes upon a woman, where he raises his weapon and...
• Another scene, available only digitally (but each Blu-Ray combo pack includes a free download), sees the First Order attack the castle run by Maz Kanata where Han, Finn, and Chewie face down this squad of stormtroopers in her basement...
• A third scene sees Kylo Ren leading a squad of stormtroopers to the crash-site of the Millennium Falcon on the surface of Starkiller Base. As Kylo Ren inspects the abandoned ship memories of the Dark Side surface... and now knows Han Solo, his father, is conspiring against him.
• A scene would have introduced Carrie Fisher's General Leia much earlier in the film as she weighs what to do after the First Order's massacre on Jakku. Resistance communications officer Major Brance receives an early distress signal from BB-8 informing them of the attack...
• Poe Dameron is featured in the deleted scene "X-Wings Prepare for Lightspeed," which features an assault on the Starkiller base from the perspective of space.
• Daisy Ridley's Rey is back at the Resistance base watching over Finn following his lightsaber battle against Kylo Renn, and she gets an update on his condition from Dr. Kalonia.
• Another scene involves a chase between the First Order snowspeeders involving Finn and Rey highjacking one to escape the Starkiller Base. This scene explains how they got from the inside of the base to the woodland fight scene with Kylo Ren.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens goes on sale digitally April 1st followed by the April 5th Blu-Ray release.