A bunch of rumors regarding the new Star Wars movies have hit the web from an apparent source that told about the new movies three years ago.
Included in the rumors is mention of what has already come out in the past couple days, but some new details surface as well.
The website MarketSaw posted a lengthy "e-mail" from a source that might or might not know a few things.
Just glancing at it, the source says Disney will restore the original Star Wars movies and that it is a "no-brainer," however, there is just one problem with that and that is Fox Studios still owns the rights to the original Star Wars movies.
Regardless what's what, we can still have some fun.
Here are a few details:
• Luke Skywalker is the primary focus, as are many of the original cast (note: Mark Hamill earlier revealed that he and Carrie Fisher were contacted by George Lucas about additional Star Wars movies)
• The tone of the new Star Wars Trilogy (set for 2015, 2017, 2019) will be more inline with the original
• The Star Wars TV show is still a go and look for test footage and shots to be released
• Two trilogies are planned with the second trilogy focusing on a female protagonist to be featured in the second trilogy named Skywalker
• A few names being thrown around to direct include: Steven Speilberg, Neil Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuarón, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Arnofsky
• Joss Whedon is mentioned as possibly directing further down the line