It's officially five years since Mass Effect has been around and in addition to a sneek peek at the fourth installment of the video game franchise BioWare has provided a look at the new Mass Effect Risk board game!
Look for it at your favorite retailer this holiday season!
RISK: Mass Effect Galaxy At War Edition
Battle for the fate of the galaxy!
Mass Effect finds the galaxy threatened by a cycle of destruction that repeats every 50,000 years. The harbingers of this apocalypse, the Reapers, are an ancient race of artificial intelligence bent on harvesting organic life across the cosmos. But one species, new to galactic affairs, stands in their way -- humanity.
Led by Commander Shepard, a rag-tag army of the best and brightest soldiers in the galaxy is marshaled against the Reapers to ensure the light of civilization never goes dark. Choose one of three factions, each with its own victory conditions, to battle for the fate of the universe.
Game comes complete with:
- 242 custom game pieces representing the factions: System Alliance, Reapers or Cerberus
- Custom System Alliance Armies include: Alliance Marines, Alliance Makos
- Custom Reaper Armies Include: Reaper Husks, Reaper Harvester
- Custom Cerberus Armies Include: Assault Troopers, Atlas Mech
- Cardboard tokens representing 3 different classes of ship squadrons for each faction
- Planet scanning cards
- War Effort Momentum meter
- Custom game board featuring Galaxy Map showcasing 6 planetary clusters
- Five six-sided dice and four eight-sided dice
- 2 Games in 1! New Risk game play mechanic for scanning additional army resources also works as a standalone mini game.
Register the included code for access to bonus online multiplayer items!