Simon Philips, the president of licensing for Marvel, recently attended an event in Sao Paulo where he apparently let loose the following Iron Man 3 details, as reported by The Omelet:
• Pepper Potts (Gwenyth Paltrow) will don an Iron Man armor. In the comics she was known as Rescue.
• Tony Stark will be using parts from the various Iron Man suits to make a custom configuration, with an example given of taking arms from the Iron Man Mark I and the Mark II breastplate as well as the head from the Mark III armor.
• At least 16 new Iron Man suits will be featured (it's been previously rumored 40).
• As expected, when the trailer showed Tony Stark manipulating the Iron Man armor to "fly" on to his hand, that was as a result of Extremis.
• Update: Disney requested the original article be taken down, which most likely means the above is true
• The scene with Tony Stark lying in the hospital bed is when Tony is injected with Extremis
For more Iron Man 3 spoilers that a stuntman confirmed, head on over here.
Iron Man 3 blasts off May 3rd, 2013 directed by Shane Black and starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News The Avengers Movie Hub for more news, images and trailers.
Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce and Shane Black and is based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of Tales of Suspense (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with The Invincible Iron Man (#1) in May of 1968.
Iron Man 3 is presented by Marvel Studios in association with Paramount Pictures and DMG Entertainment. Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing and Jon Favreau, Louis D’Esposito, Stephen Broussard, Victoria Alonso, Alan Fine, Charles Newirth, Stan Lee and Dan Mintz are executive producers. The film releases May 3, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.