Marvel Heroes 2016 Kicks Off Today
Gazillion’s Marvel Heroes 2016 Initiative Begins Today
First Wave of Updates Includes New Story Chapter, Controller Support, Updated Character Models, Revamped Deadpool, Leaderboards, Playable Black Cat and More
Gazillion, Inc., announced that its first wave of the Marvel Heroes 2016 initiative – the biggest update to its super-powered action-RPG in nearly two years – is available today for free download at MarvelHeroes.com and on Steam®. Today’s update includes a number of highly requested improvements for PC and Mac gamers, highlighted by the following:
· “Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle shape-shifting Skrull invaders, including the Super-Skrull and alien versions of Super Heroes, in this adaptation of 2008’s Secret Invasion comic book event. Who do you trust? (A Fortune Card themed to the new chapter is also available.)
· Controller Support: For the first time ever, play with the likes of Xbox One® and Xbox 360® controllers, the Steam Controller, Logitech® controllers, and more on PC.
· Revamped Deadpool: The Merc with a Mouth has been part of the Marvel Heroes lineup since the beginning – and now with new animations, effects and nine new moves added to his power set, he’s even better! (A new Zen Deadpool costume is also available.)
· Playable Black Cat: Voiced by Jennifer Hale, just as she was in the 1990s Spider-Man animated series, Felicia Hardy crosses our path as the game’s 55th playable character.
· Agent Venom Team-Up: Once Peter Parker’s high school bully, war hero Lt. Flash Thompson now hosts the Venom symbiote, ready to serve beside you. · Steam Achievements: More than 50 achievements for those who play via Steam.
· Visual Updates: Starting with Captain America, Black Widow and Jean Grey, characters introduced with the initial launch of Marvel Heroes will be brought up to the more realistic visual standards of newer characters. Visual Updates for older character models will continue moving forward.
· Leaderboards: The most dedicated players will be recognized, as new Leaderboards begin to be continually added. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually, as well. · Mac Out of Beta: Just like it sounds.
“When we moved from Marvel Heroes to Marvel Heroes 2015, it was to showcase just how much the game had improved since its launch – but it’s had another year and a half of improvements since then, and with today’s launch of Marvel Heroes 2016, the newest additions make it even better,” said Gazillion Studio Director Jeff Lind. “What we’re launching today is just the beginning of what will be the biggest year yet for the game. Our awesome community expects regular updates, and they’ll continue to get those – but it’s the big content drops like today’s first wave of the Marvel Heroes 2016 initiative where the game will really shine. You’ll see these throughout the year, and the best announcements are yet to come.”
Gazillion also recently announced the Advance Pack 3, which includes seven new playable characters for the coming year (Elektra, Green Goblin, Nick Fury, Ultron, Black Bolt, Angela and a Super Hero to be named later) and other in-game items at a discounted price of $59.99 for the Standard Edition. Meanwhile, a $79.99 Deluxe Edition adds in four new Team-Up Super Heroes to be added later this year, such as Spider-Man (Miles Morales) and Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), as well as early access to the Iron Spider enhanced costume. Along with all other Super Heroes, both versions of Advance Pack 3 can be purchased at store.marvelheroes.com.
More information on Marvel Heroes 2016 can be found at www.MarvelHeroes.com.
Click to enlarge: