Lots Of New Batman Vs. Superman Details Via Empire Magazine
On Batman's nightmare sequence:
• Takes place in the fictional nation of Kandahar
• Described as "pure Mad Max"
• Scene described as: Batman...shouldering a machine gun, walks unbowed through the blizzard to greet an armoured juggernaut pulling up in a desert compound that's walled with rusty containers.
• Batman's voice is digitally altered by the cowl
• Batman's foes are said to be locked up in Arkham Asylum
• Described as a butler "when required"
• Will be more "hands-on" in the movie
• "To go up against heroes like Batman and Superman, we wanted to introduce one of the DC Universe's most iconic and powerful villains. He is essentially an unstoppable force. He poses a real threat to the world within the film." -Zack Snyder
On Lex Luthor:
• "You learn pretty early on that Lex is interested in metahuman existence and that there might be some relationship between that investigation and the appearance of Diana Prince." -Zack Snyder
On Wonder Woman:
• "It was incredibly organic how Wonder Woman came into the story. The whole concept came of, 'Let's not save anything. Let's try it all.' Then Wonder Woman's entrance made us realise we were much closer to the Justice League than we thought. We realised we were one movie away." - Zack Snyder
• Wonder Woman is over 5000 years old and has long given up her superhero days. Why is that:
"Because she's seen it all, she has seen what humans can do, so it was very hard for her to come back and fight. They have the same attitude. Although when she is Diana she tries to blend in, she is not too outgoing. I don't want people to think she is perfect. She can be naughty." -Gal Gadot
• "Her sexuality is part of her power, but she is also a feminist icon. Gender has been a hot topic, so it is very timely to bring her back. The way we have approached it, especially in the stand alone ovie, that is definitely there. Looking back and doing an origin story - and it is a period piece - see the role of women through history. There is a great source of humour in that now. It is so unbelievable you can't even fathom it. You are still making a statement, but having some fun with it." - Deborah Snyder
Henry Cavill On Superman:
• "He’s more used to this gig, doing his best to save as many lives as he can. He is no longer frantic. He’s no longer a wet behind the ears kind of superhero. He doesn’t agree with his form of justice. For this farm boy, who tries to do things the right way, justice at any cost is not something he can come to terms with."
Henry Cavill on Clark Kent:
• "...show the world what this Batman dude is doing."
• "He is the human side of the character, but there is often this idea that Clark and Superman must be so different. He can only get away with wearing the glasses so much. If he's drawing attention to himself by being clumsy, that's not going to work."
Henry Cavill on Superman vs. Batman:
• "It's not about one on one. Of course Superman is going to win. But it's deeper than that. It's nore that these two great powers exist and are actually trying to acheive the same thing, but in such different way..."
• [Superman is] "the guy who can kick anyone’s ass" [but is still] "the nice one.
Amy Adams on Lois Lane:
• "She may have some tunnel vision, but she's got a job, moral standards. [When] we met her before she would do anything to get the story - now Clark has instilled some faith in humanity in her."
• "Although moving in with Clark brings issues. It's not a normal relationship. How could it be? One of them is an alien."
• On potential scenes with Wonder Woman: "I am too busy sleuthing, but she definitely brings another dynamic."
• Confirms scenes with Batman: "...[requires a lot of] wirework and special effects work" and is "a big moment."
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" has a March 25, 2016 release starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Ray Fisher as Cyborg with Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter as Senator Finch and Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves. Justice League is to follow directed by Zack Snyder as well.
Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.