The Force Awakens brought in a whopping $524.9 million worldwide, with $247.9 million in the US, which surpasses Jurassic World's $208.8 million domestic haul.
Per the norm, the creators behind Jurassic World congratulated Star Wars: The Force Awakens as producer Frank Marshall tweeted out the following image featuring a T-Rex placing a gold medal on BB-8.
"Cheers to J.J., Kathy, the cast and crew, and DIS/LFL marketing teams!" Marshall tweeted, with the image reading: "Universal Pictures, Steven [Spielberg], Frank [Marshall] and Colin [Trevorrow] congratulate Star Wars: The Force Awakens on the biggest opening weekend in galactic history."
Rival studios often congratulate each other when the top grossing movie record gets beat, such as recently with Marvel congratulating Jurassic World this past Summer.
In addition to best domestic and worldwide weekend opening ever, Star Wars: The Force Awakens also holds the records for (via Box Office Mojo):
• Largest Thursday Screening
• Largest Friday Opening (includes Thursday's box office)
• Largest Sunday
• Highest Per Theater Average
• Top Opening Weekend for PG-13 Rated Film
• Top Holiday Opening Weekend
• Biggest Weekend Overall
• Biggest December Weekend
• December Single Day
• Widest December Opening: 4,134 theaters
• December Opening Weekend
• Fastest to $100 Million: 1 Day
• Global IMAX Opening Record: $48 million
• Domestic IMAX Opening Record: $30.1 million