[[wysiwyg_imageupload:7274:]]Iron Man 3 has yet to open in the U.S. and already it's brought in an estimated $195.3 million internationally, surpassing The Avengers international opening release of $185 million.
Iron Man 3 has already become a record-breaker for numerous countries, with Disney releasing the following:
Iron Man 3 had the biggest opening weekend in Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.
It saw the biggest opening day ever in Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia.
Iron Man 3 had the biggest Marvel opening weekend in: Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Romania, New Zealand, Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines and Malaysia.
It was also the #1 film in every market and is the biggest opening weekend of all time in Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Some further details:
• Australia: Biggest opening for both a Disney and Marvel film
• Brazil: 2nd biggest opening weekend of all time
• Mexico: 3rd biggest opening weekend of all time
• France: 2nd biggest opening for a Marvel movie
• Italy: Biggest opening for the month of April
• UK: 2nd biggest Marvel opening of all time behind The Avengers
• India: 2nd biggest opening of all time; 44% more than The Avengers
• Japan: 3rd biggest Marvel movie for opening day