Iron Man 3: New Image Stills and Details Arrive Before Trailer
Yesterday saw the first teaser trailer for Iron Man 3 released and tomorrow will see the debut of the official trailer.
Squeezed in-between we get a look at some new Iron Man 3 stills and learn a few new details.
• Iron Man 3 will begins Marvel Studios' "Phase Two" plans and picks up months after The Avengers movie.
• Tony is targeted by the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and has a vast array of gadgets and weaponry wiped out.
• Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) will have a large role.
• "In this movie, we are again going to see him stripped down more than we've ever seen him since he was in that cave, again with his back against the wall and with nothing but his wits to help him survive," Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige said.
• The Iron Man Mach VIII armor is called the most advanced armor yet, with Feige adding, "Now we see he's invented a technology that allows him to basically have the suit arrive to him anywhere at any time, piece by piece. And it doesn't always work at first."
Click to enlarge and launch viewer:
(Via USA Today)
Iron Man 3 blasts off May 3rd, 2013 directed by Shane Black and starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News The Avengers Movie Hub for more news, images and trailers.
Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce and Shane Black and is based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of Tales of Suspense (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with The Invincible Iron Man (#1) in May of 1968.
Iron Man 3 is presented by Marvel Studios in association with Paramount Pictures and DMG Entertainment. Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing and Jon Favreau, Louis D’Esposito, Stephen Broussard, Victoria Alonso, Alan Fine, Charles Newirth, Stan Lee and Dan Mintz are executive producers. The film releases May 3, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.