It's been confirmed that Harrison Ford actually broke his leg in the accident on the Star Wars: Episode VII set that is said to have been caused by the door of the Millennium Falcon.
Previously it was reported that Ford had broken his ankle, but then reports surfaced that the injury was worse than thought, and that the door had crushed the actor.
Now the BBC confirms with Harrison Ford's publicist that his leg is broken, and that Ford underwent surgery to repair the injury.
"His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly," Ina Treciokas said in a statement. "He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
Disney previously stated production would continue to move forward.
Reportedly, Ford will be out a couple months while he rehabs his injury.
"Star Wars: Episode VII" has a December 18, 2015 release.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News Star Wars hub for more.
"Star Wars: Episode VII" is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by LawrenceKasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.