About the new Batman movie, our source previously informed us about talks that the reboot would center around the popular Arkham Asylum video game, tentatively titled "The Batman," and we get more of that in the following. The source noted this is merely executive planning at this current stage.
Regarding the Justice League movie, our source once again states it could get pushed back to 2016, which would mean the new Batman movie would get delayed from 2016 to 2017, which we previously heard.
[[wysiwyg_imageupload:5314:]]Here is the latest:
• Darren Aronofsky is being lined up as the next helmer of WB's Batman franchise that will spin off from the Justice League movie.
• After his completion of Noah, and Justice League is released, RUMOUR within WB is that Aronofsky will helm "The Batman," which will be loosely based on the original Arkham Asylum game where Batman is locked in the crazy house full of villains he put there.
• Nothing at all is concrete at this point, but now that Kevin Tsujihara has been named CEO, things will certainly get moving forward.
• The Justice League movie still has a 2015 release, but more realistic is 2016, which means "The Batman" will get pushed back to 2017.
• Speaking of the Justice League movie, David Goyer is rumored to be either consulting on or polishing Will Beall's first draft.
• UPDATE: If the 2015 release date sticks for the Justice League Movie, June 19th, 2015 is the proposed release date.
Our source previously provided us a batch of Justice League movie info as well as the first news regarding the Man of Steel and Henry Cavill spearheading a DC shared movie universe, in addition to the first news about the Batman reboot. We also shared with you a specific scene from the Man of Steel as well as the Green Lantern movie.
Cosmic Book News was also the first to reveal Green Lantern movie concept art with a first look at Kilowog.