E3: Mad Max Video Game Announced, Trailer & Screen Shots
WB and Avalanche Studios announced a new Mad Max video game coming in 2014, releasing a trailer and following screen shots at the E3.
Play as Mad Max, a lone warrior who must embark on a dangerous journey after his Interceptor is stolen by a deadly gang of marauders. A reluctant hero with an instinct for survival, Max wants nothing more than to leave the madness behind and find solace in the storied “Plains of Silence”.
Be Mad Max
* Become the legendary lone warrior as you craft and upgrade his equipment and weapons in order to survive in a brutal post-apocalyptic world
* Fight with savage moves and combos to brutalize the deranged bandits of the Wasteland
Intense Vehicular Combat
* Engage in dynamic, physics-based vehicular combat, taking down enemy vehicles with a slew of deadly weapons and customizable parts
* Choose from different car bodies and construct the ultimate war vehicle with dozens of upgrade combinations
Brave the Wasteland
* Explore an immense post-apocalyptic open world full of unique missions and side quests
* Scavenge every scrap you can find to build upgrades for your equipment and vehicles
* Take down eccentric bandits & gangs that roam the Wasteland
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces post-apocalyptic open world action game Mad Max
Debuting for Next-Gen, Current-Gen Consoles and PC in 2014
LONDON UK. – 11th June, 2013 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mad Max , a new open world, third-person action game where players become Mad Max, a lone warrior in a savage post-apocalyptic world where cars are the key to survival. The game will debut for PlayStation®4, Xbox One® the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system and Windows® PC.
Scheduled for release in 2014, Mad Max will deliver dynamic, open-world gameplay where gamers fight to stay alive in The Wasteland, using brutal on-ground and vehicular combat against vicious gangs of bandits. Players are challenged with treacherous missions as they scavenge the dangerous landscape for supplies to build the ultimate combat vehicle.
“ Mad Max places gamers directly into the driver’s seat of their ultimate customized vehicle to battle it out in the action-packed, open world of The Wasteland,” saidSamantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production & Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We are very pleased to work with Avalanche Studios to provide a next generation gaming experience with robust fighting paired with dynamic vehicular combat."
“Over a decade of creating open world experiences has led us to this point,” said Christofer Sundberg, Avalanche Studios Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer. “The Wasteland lends itself incredibly well to the high level of player freedom with which Avalanche Studios has become synonymous. This unforgiving environment inspired us to create a gritty and perse experience where driving, fighting and scavenging are essential for survival.”
Mad Max is under development by Avalanche Studios. For more information, visit