Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Plot Spoilers Land Online
[[wysiwyg_imageupload:5172:]]In early December, a batch of potential spoilers for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special hit the net that suggested all the Doctors would somehow be involved.
Honestly, it seems like a no-brainer they would all be used, but we have further corroboration on the use of all the Doctors with a bit of the plot that includes Alex Kingston and who would be bringing all the Doctors together.
• Show boss Steven Moffat is close to completing a script which will see the current Doctor, Matt Smith, needing the assistance of ALL his police box predecessors — even if three of them have died.
• The half-century special, to be broadcast in November, will use studio trickery to resurrect the first three Doctors — William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee — in brief flashback scenes.
• Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann have all signed up to record an anniversary audio adventure, and are keen to appear in the historic TV show, too.
• Christopher Eccleston is said to be reconsidering an earlier decision not to take part, and David Tennant — a friend of Moffat — has hinted that he has been invited to reprise his role.
• The final key to the special was Eccleston, who had previously said that he had no plans to return to the role but recently conceded he believed he "still had more to do with the character". But companions such as Birmingham's Arthur Darvill (Rory), Karen Gillan (Amy Pond), Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) and Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) have all indicated that they are not involved.
• There may, however, be a role for Alex Kingston, who plays the Doctor's wife and who may be responsible for bringing all the previous incarnations together — against the Time Lord's wishes.