By: Chris "DOC"
( A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )
1. Happy #1: Grant Morrison (All-Star Superman) and Darick Robertson (The Boys) collaborate on a tale that is so diverse it is hard to put into words! Think Who Framed Roger Rabbit meets The Punisher and you will have a mere glimpse of the crazy things that go on in this book! Ex-cop, Nick Sax's world is filled with murderers, mobsters, addicts and whores. The last thing he expected was to find a tiny blue horse acting as a guide through all the chaos! You have to check this one out!
2. Talon #0 : Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV team up to give us an internal look at the man who escaped the clutches of the Court of Owls. A harrowing look at the life of a new "Bat family" ally!
3. Hit-Girl #3 : She's taken out the mob, watched her father being murdered and has even trained Kick-Ass. Hit-Girl can handle any situation, well, except the school "mean girls" and their remarks towards her. So what can you do when the head b!#$h singles you out? The cover says it all. "OMG!" Awesome!
4. Justice League Dark #0 : Jeff Lemire gives us the rundown on one the the biggest bastards in all of comicdom -- John Constantine! See first hand how he meets Zatanna, who the big bad in the "War for the Books of Magic" storyline will be and most importantly, how he got his patented trench coat! Plus, a cool Easter egg for Hellblazer fans! Sweet!
5. B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Return of the Master #2 (of 5) : The pathway was been laid, the writing is on the wall and Hell is coming to the Mignolaverse! Evil men have set in motion horrific events that will destroy everything and the fate of Abe Sapien begins here!