The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these books to your list of goodies! Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five titles of the week!
1. Alabaster Wolves #2 (of 5): Caitlin R. Kiernan's tale of a young albino girl's quest to rid the world of evil — continues here! Anyone that loved Neil Gaiman's Sandman, will find this book just as engaging!
2. X-Men Legacy #266: The Avengers bring the fight to the doorstep of the Jean Grey School! As "Wolverine's Team" stands divided, one teacher decides to push an Avenger over the edge! This is the best written A vs. X book to date — you shouldn't miss it!
3. Batman #9: "Iron Batman" versus the Court of Owls — in the depths of the Batcave! Awesome story! But it's the back-up story of Jarvis Pennyworth and the horrors of Wayne Manor that is well worth the extra buck!
4. Green Lantern #9: The secret to the Indigo Tribe is revealed! You won't believe who the big evil is! You want some good cosmic? We got it right here! Revelations abound!
5. Grifter #9: I know, I couldn't believe it either! Rob Liefeld has taken over and this book finally has a clear direction! But to me, it is the amazing art of Scott Clark that makes it land on my list — simply awesome! Plus, it's the return of Deathblow! Nineties fans rejoice!