The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these five titles to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription for good health starts with these top five books of the week!
1. Supurbia #1 (of 4): BOOM! Studios new mini about the inner workings of a super hero community and all the secrets it holds, hits stands today! Be one of the first to get a glimpse of how "real" things can get! Check out my advanced review here for all the details!
2. Animal Man #7: Jeff Lemiere's tale of Buddy Baker's quest against the demonic Rot, has been some of the best stories on the shelves each month! But this issue's dream sequence brings some very Vertigo-esque characters into the fold, bald Constantine anyone?
3. Swamp Thing #7: Alec Holland has failed the Parliament of Trees and now all is lost! Unless, there is a way to summon the Swamp Thing! Scott Snyder's collision course with Jeff Lemiere's Animal Man takes a giant leap in this issue!
4. Age Of Apocalypse #1: Stemming from the pages of Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force, A.O.A., follows the quest of the X-Terminated against the tyrannical Weapon Omega! Any A.O.A. fan must get this book! The final page reveal is worth it alone!
5. Fairest #1: From the pages of Fables, Bill Willingham's new book that focuses on the fairer sex debuts today! Any Fables fan will thoroughly enjoy the tales of characters that have been lost from the regular series. Plus, cosmic fans will definitely recognize the inker -- Andy Lanning!