By: Chris "DOC"
( A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these five titles to your list of goodies! Forget that "apple a day" nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five books of the week!
1. Green Lantern Corps #10 : Peter J. Tomasi has created quite an amazing run with this series and it only continues here! What are the plans of the Guardians? What is the Third Army? You'll just have to wait and see because this issue is all about John Stewart being sentenced to DEATH!
2. The Grim Leaper #2 : An amalgam of Final Destination and Quantum Leap, this quirky series is definitely worth your time! What would you do, if you woke up in a different body and died every day? Look for love of course! Great book!
3. Avengers Vs. X-Men #6 : Finally, this is the issue that the series should have been all along! Great art and an even better story, the Marvel U. is changing and it's at the hands of the Phoenix Five! Awesome!
4. Before The Watchmen: The Comedian #1 : Brian Azarrello is the best he is at what he does -- and that's make great comics! This period piece about the Comedian and the Kennedy's, is a TRUE testament to what comics can be if handled correctly! Burt, we all know Alan Moore will still complain!
5. B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth: The Devil's Engine #2 : Fennix can see the future in sporadic glimpses and what she sees -- is the end of the world! Mike Mignola has this train running at full speed down a track that ends in tragedy! Brilliant stuff!