The â€œDOCâ€™sâ€ Top Of The Pile for June 13th, 2012
The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
( A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these five titles to your list of goodies! Forget that "apple a day" nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five books of the week!
1. American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares #1 : Scott Snyder starts to destroy Agent Hobbes' whole world, in this follow up to the "Survival Of The Fittest" storyline! If you pick up only one book this week -- this is it! The future of American Vampire begins here!
2. Batman #10 : This is the book that will divide Bat fans! Shocking revelations abound, as Scott Snyder changes the status quo of the Bat mythos yet again! Plus, the back-up story about Alfred's father, Jarvis, brings the Wayne family's dark secrets to the surface! Check out M.E., Byron Brewer's full review here!
3. The Ravagers #2 : Howard Mackie has changed my mind about this book in a single issue! But, it's not the "heroes" that are the selling point of this book -- it's the villains! Sadistic and cunning, these characters are well worth the price of admission! Read my full review here!
4. Uncanny X-Force #26 : Rick Remender has finally reminded us as to why this is THE X book to read every month! After a few sub par issues, this one is completely outstanding! Believe the hype, and check out my review here!
5. Before The Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1 : Do I really need to tell you why this one is on the list? Watchmen prequel, folks! 'Nuff said! Plus, the amazing, Amanda Conner is on art chores! That's enough to get anyone running to the local shop! Right, Mr. Napoli?