The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five books that should reside on the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the rewards! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these titles to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health begins with these top five books of the week!
1. Swamp Thing #6: Scott Snyder continues to prove he is the new face of horror, and this book will embed itself in your nightmares for weeks to come! Just a tip, leave the lights on for this one! Check out my review for all the gory details here!
2. The Strange Talent of Luther Strode #5: Luther is finally forced to make a decision on whether he will become the man the Librarian wants him to be or not. But things aren't so black and white when they're covered in red! Check out Kenneth's review here!
3. Dark Horse Presents #8: Mike Mignola headlines this one with a compelling story of Kate Corrigan and her revelation about Hellboy! Plus a creepy Beasts of Burden story by Jill Thompson and the continuation of Neal Adams' Blood! 80 pages of great stuff!
4. The Boys #63: Garth Ennis' over the top series may be gradually coming to it's conclusion, but the story continues to heat up! Both teams take some big losses when the Seven and the Boys begin their cataclysmic collision course! The end begins here!
5. Fatale #2: Ed Brubaker weaves a crime noir tale like no other! Now factor in devil worshippers and demons, and you have another amazing book from an amazing trio! Don't believe me? Read my full review here!