The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these books to your list of goodies! Forget that "apple a day nonsense", this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five titles of the week!
1. The Walking Dead #98 : If I told you once, I've told you a thousand times, when Kirkman uses red covers — bad things happen! This is a biggie, folks! Do not miss this issue or YOU will have "Something To Fear"! Check out my review here!
2. Supercrooks #3 : Mark Millar's homage to Ocean's Eleven — with a twist, continues here! Just as the team gets back together, they find out who their "mark" is. This ones going to be waaaay tougher than they thought! Great book!
3. Batman Annual #1 : You think Scott Snyder has created an amazing version of Batman, wait till you get a load of his Mr. Freeze! Completely twisted with a shocking ending, Snyder throws out all you thought you knew and carves a new niche for himself in the Batman mythos! Amazing! Check out my full review here!
4. Animal Man Annual #1 : This is a great "down time" issue, that lets us see the first battle that teamed a Swamp Thing and an Avatar of the Red together! Creepy and engrossing, this one paves the way for the war with the Rot!
5. X-Men Legacy #267 : An Avengers Vs. X-Men tale that actually has a complete battle set up in a single issue — without roping you into buying more books! This is a great Rogue-centric tale that is all about control and when to lose it! One phrase can sum up this book — Rogue Smash Puny Avengers! Fantastic stuff! Don't believe me, check out my review here!