The "DOC's" Top Of The Comic Book Pile For January 25th, 2012
The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five books that should reside at the top of your pull list! In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the rewards! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, make sure you add these titles to your list of goodies. Forget the apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five books!
1. Justice League #5 : Johns and Lee are on fire with this book, creating some awesome moments and hokey catch phrases to boot! One word sells this book -- Darkseid!!! For more, read my review.
2. Secret Avengers #21.1 : Uncanny X-Force scribe and CBN favorite, Rick Remender, breaks his way into the Bendis Fort Knox world of the Avengers! It's a Hawkeye run team but all we care about is Venom!
3. Teen Titans #5 : Scott Lobdell pits his teenage team against Superboy with disastrous results. His re-imaginings of these characters are outstanding and so is Brett Booth's pencils! Now check out my review!
4. American Vampire #23 : DC's golden child, Scott Snyder, has made vampires cool again! But they're not as cool as the kid hunting them down! Take a trip back to the fifties and hold on as the book careens out of control! Here's my review for that.
5. The Walking Dead #93 : "Jesus" has come to save Rick and his crew, but do they really want saving from the guy who just kicked their ass? Kirkman's next big arc starts here and Rick is more pissed than ever!