In less than two months, Deadpool has now become the highest grossing R-Rated movie of all time, and is just trailing X-Men: Days Of Future Past for the highest grossing X-Men movie of all time in the U.S.
Deadpool opened February 12th to both critic and fan acclaim: Deadpool currently sits at 84% positive amongst critics at Rotten Tomatoes, and 92% of fans say they liked it.
As it stands, Deadpool has netted a total worldwide gross of $745, 700, 017, which now puts it past The Matrix: Reloaded ($742.1 million) for best performing R-rated movie (worldwide).
Deadpool currently sits at #3 in the U.S. for best R-rated movie trailing American Sniper ($350.1 million) and Passion of the Christ ($370.7 million).
Deadpool is only short around $2 million from passing X-Men: Days Of Future Past to give it the best X-Men movie off all time at the box office (worldwide).
Some other stats for the Deadpool movie include:
• Best performing "Revenge" movie (ahead of Gladiator, The Revenant, Quantum of Solace, Djano Unchained)
• #2 Superhero origin movie (trailing Sam Raimi's Spider-Man)
• Best domestic X-Men movie
• Best R-rated comic book movie
• Best opening weekend in February and the Winter Season
• Best President's Day 4-Day opener and weekend
• Best R-rated opening weekend
Fox has already greenlit Deadpool 2 which will see Ryan Reynolds return and feature the Marvel Comics time travelling mutant, Cable. It's also been said the next Wolverine movie will be Rated-R.
(numbers via box office mojo)