Darth Vader Confirmed For Star Wars: Rogue One
Darth Vader is back!
The cover of the latest issue of Entetainment Weekly confirms Darth Vader will appear in December's Star Wars: Rogue One.
The movie takes place between episodes III and IV and sees the Rebels stealing the plans for the Death Star.
Just how Darth Vader factors in to the storyline is unknown, but the issue promises to reveal more when it goes on sale Friday.
EW.com also offered the following tease:
• The background of our cover showcases new Imperial weaponry being used against the nascent Rebellion: taller, slimmer walkers known as AT-ACTs hauling cargo, and flatter, fang-like interceptors known as TIE Strikers.
• New information about Jyn Erso (The Theory of Everything’s Felicity Jones), the outlaw who has clashed with both the Rebellion and the Empire, and now has a chance to clear her ledger of past wrongs by leading a mission for the good guys. It’s also personal – her father, played by Mads Mikkelson, is a scientist whose knowledge is sought by both sides.
• Full details of the squad of characters uniting to take on the Empire, played by the most multicultural cast to appear in a Star Wars film yet: Diego Luna, Jiang Wen, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Forest Whitaker, and Alan Tudyk – as a performance-capture droid. (One of these has been seen before by Star Wars fans.)
• A look at the skullduggery inside the Imperial ranks, as seen through the eyes of a new villain: Ben Mendelsohn’s ambitious officer, who’s eager to earn the favor of the Emperor – and avoid the wrath of his black-masked enforcer.
• Candid revelations from the filmmakers about what the current reshoots are adding to the story as the film nears its December release.
• Finally, confirmation of what fans have hoped ever since the project was announced: Vader is back. We have a run-down of the Sith lord’s first day on set, and what his return means for the larger Star Wars storytelling universe.
"Star Wars: Rogue One" has a December 16, 2016 release directed by Gareth Edwards starring Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, who plays a performance-capture character in Rogue One, and Riz Ahmed.
Rogue One tells the story of resistance fighters who have united to steal plans to the dreaded Death Star.