Chris Carter Shares New X-Files Details
The X-Files is returning with 6-episodes and will film this Summer, which sees the return of Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny as Scully and Mulder, respectively.
Series creator Chris Carter has shared a few details with the Vancouver Sun.
• The series picks up eight years after we last saw Scully and Mulder.
• Mitch Pileggi will return as Walter Skinner and William B. Davis as “The Smoking Man," with big chance the Lone Gunmen will return.
• Carter says the new series will be similar to the original: "... a combination of the ongoing Mulder and Scully conspiracy saga, relationship and stand-alone episodes that will come interspersed. That said, it will all be of a piece, meaning that it won’t feel disconnected. It’ll all feel as if it’s taking place in what I would call television 'real time.'"
• Regarding the relationship between Scully and Mulder: "As we saw in the second movie, they were together, not married. Living together. But when we come back we will find that relationship is not where we left it."
• Any chance for a love scene between the two? Carter says: "It was part of the mystery of The X-Files. That relationship was kind of mysterious. Did they get together? Didn’t they get together? If they’ve got a child together, when did they get together? These are questions that we will deal with and answer in good time."
• It's possible Scully and Mulder's son, William, might appear.
• Carter has the first draft completed and is turning it into the studio.
• How Scully and Mulder have changed, Carter offers: "They’ve grown up. They’ve matured, their sensibilities have matured, their relationship has matured and evolved."