Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Announces New Series & Pilots
Adult Swim Enters Upfront With Most-Watched Year Ever!
Basic Cable’s #1 Network In Total Day With Adults 18-24, 18-34, 18-49 Serves Up
8 New Series/Specials, 9 Pilots and 16 Returning Series
New Animated Originals and Acquisitions Pump Up Primetime Schedule
Adult Swim, basic cable’s #1 network with young adults for eight consecutive years, announced its best ratings in the network’s history and a slate of new and returning programming in advance of its annual Upfront event in New York City on May 15, which will feature a scheduled performance by Grammy®-winning Hip-Hop artist & producer Kanye West.
Entering 2013 with its most-watched year to date among adults and males 18-24, 18-34, and 18-49, the 2013-14 programming schedule includes more than 30 new and returning series, pilots and specials.
The new animated comedy series Rick and Morty from Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland is set to premiere in primetime later this year and Mike Tyson is taking his fight from the boxing ring to the streets in the animated series MikeTyson Mysteries from Warner Bros Animation. The Fox Television’s hit Bob’s Burgers will also air this summer.
“As Adult Swim continues to grow and be the place for great comedic talent as well as surprising and unexpected content, it is important that we expand its development of original programs so that we can build on its success even more,” said Stuart Snyder, president/coo of Turner’s Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media Group. “The record ratings the network is experiencing this year is a testament to the great work being done by all the wonderfully talented people at Adult Swim.”
“Adult Swim has emerged as a leading entertainment network in key sales demos and should be part of every advertiser’s consideration set during the Upfront,” said Donna Speciale, president of Turner Entertainment and Young Adults Ad Sales. “The network has a distinct relationship with its loyal and engaged audience and targeted reach across television, events, digital and promotions, all of which advertisers have the opportunity to benefit through a wide variety of creative activations.”
New original series and specials:
· RICK AND MORTY – Rick and Morty is about a genius inventor grandfather and his less than genius grandson, and the journeys in life they share. From Dan Harmon (Community, Channel 101) and Justin Roiland. Animated half-hour.
· MR. PICKLES – In Mr. Pickles, the urban sprawl of modern society pollutes the old-fashioned town where the Goodman family lives with their lovable pet dog, Mr. Pickles, a deviant border collie with a secret satanic streak. From creators Will Carsola and Dave Stewart (Funny Or Die Presents Nick Swardson's Pretend Time). Animated quarter-hour.
· MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES - In the new animated comedy series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets… by solving mysteries! Armed with a magical tattoo on his face and a trusty associate by his side — a talking pigeon — if you have a problem that needs solving, Iron Mike is in your corner. The series incorporates live-action appearances featuring Mighty Mike himself, and the gloves come off as the former heavyweight champ and his fowl-mouthed partner gear up for weekly adventures as they put unsolved mysteries — like how to defeat a super computer at chess or why a famous author/werewolf can’t finish his novel — down for the count. Animated quarter-hour from Warner Bros Animation.
· KING STAR KING – King Star King features a punk rock, modern day he-man who falls from the realm of the gods to land as a fry cook in a slummy waffle joint. King Star King must regain his memory to defeat the evil (and adorable) Spring Bunny and rescue his love, the megababe Princess Snow White. Only then will King Star King regain his rightful place in the heavens. From artist JJ Villard (Monsters Vs. Aliens). Animated quarter-hour.
· YOUR PRETTY FACE IS GOING TO HELL – This new live-action series from Adult Swim is a workplace comedy about Gary, an associate demon, as he attempts to capture souls on earth in order to climb the corporate ladder of the underworld. Gary hopes to advance in Hell, but he may be too stupid, lazy and kind-hearted to realize his dreams of promotion. Meanwhile, Gary’s intern Claude is more talented, more devious and will do whatever it takes to impress Satan. A Williams Street production, the show is created and directed by Dave Willis (Squidbillies, Aqua Teen Hunger Force) and Casper Kelly (Squidbillies, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Stroker & Hoop). The series is currently presenting premiere episodes on Thursday nights at Midnight ET/PT on Adult Swim. Live-action quarter-hour.
· ROBOT CHICKEN DC COMICS SPECIAL II – Faster than a speeding bullet! Well, maybe not but quality takes time. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, in partnership with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, will premiere a sequel to their acclaimed Annie Award-winning Robot Chicken DC Comics Special in 2014. Robot Chicken DC Comics Special II brings you the awesomeness of the DC Comics universe of characters as only Robot Chickencan, with amazing guest stars and the stop-motion sketch comedy you've come to love after six seasons of the popular Adult Swim series. Executive producers for the second Robot Chicken DC Comics Special include Stoopid Monkey's Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, Warner Bros. Animation's Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs Sam Register, and Stoopid Buddy Stoodios' John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner.
· METALOCALPYSE: THE DOOM STAR REQUIEM – In Metalocalypse: The Doom Star Requiem, we pick up directly after the abduction of Dethklok guitarist Toki Wartooth in the season 4 finale. With his life in danger his only salvation can come from the four most selfish human celebrities on earth—his bandmates, extreme metal band DETHKLOK. Will they be able to get past their own egos to help someone besides themselves? Find out in this one-hour heavy metal rock opera special with a completely original score. Created by Brendon Small,Metalocalypse: The Doom Star Requiem airs in October. Animated one-hour special.
· HOT PACKAGE – Premiering in October on Adult Swim, Hot Package is a live-action fictional Canadian entertainment news program in vein of "Entertainment Tonight," "EXTRA," or "E! News.” Hot Package is created by and stars Derrick Beckles (TV Carnage), produced by Abso Lutely, with Derrick Beckles and Dave Kneebone as executive producers. Live-action quarter-hour.
Aaron McGruder Pilots –Two new live-action pilots from the creator of The Boondocks. Live-action quarter-hour and half-hour.
Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories: Zach’s Haunted House - Tim, Eric and Zach are elated to learn their grandfather has left them each $1,000 in his will. However, there's a catch. In order to collect the money, they must live in his haunted mansion for the rest of their lives. Are the three of them up for it? This Halloween special is written, directed and stars Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim (Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) with Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover). Live-action half-hour.
Ghostbags – These three frat guys were douchebags while they lived, but now that they've died in a horrible car accident, absolutely nothing has changed. Created by Hayes Davenport (Eastbound and Down) and Guy Endore-Kaiser (Allen Gregory). Animated quarter-hour.
Hole to Hole - Hole to Hole follows the fabulous exploits of Ashleigh and Amelia Dangerhole, America’s sexiest billionaire detectives in a parody of ‘80s detective shows. From Pam Brady (South Park, Neighbors from Hell) and Arden Myrin (MADtv, Chelsea Lately). Live-action quarter-hour.
Filthy Sexy Teen$ – Filthy Sexy Teen$ follows the exploits of a group of teens (and one high school principal) as they attempt to climb the social ladder by any means possible, even if they have to use sex, lies, and murder to get there. It won't be easy in a school where everyone has a dark secret, and one mysterious teen is out to expose every one of them. Created by Curtis Gwinn (Walking Dead), Paul Scheer (The League, Human Giant) and Jonathan Stern (Childrens Hospital, Burning Love). Live-action quarter-hour.
Team Unicorn – Team Unicorn is a modern send-up of Saturday morning kids’ shows featuring a team of four sexy, culture-obsessed heroines who present darkly ironic twists on 80's cartoon tropes. From the creators of Robot Chicken. Live action/animation mix, quarter-hour.
Übermansion – From Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and the creators of Robot Chicken comes Übermansion, a glimpse into the mundane humanity of six superheroes all living in the same mansion. Created by Zeb Wells and Matthew Senreich, executive produced by Wells, Senreich, Seth Green, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner and Bryan Cranston. Animated quarter-hour.
Untitled Cruise Ship Project – The corrupt employees of a trashy cruise ship are piloted into danger by their insane Scandinavian captain. Created by Matt Harrigan (Space Ghost Coast to Coast). Live-action quarter-hour.
AQUA TV SHOW SHOW
CHECK IT OUT! WITH DR. STEVE BRULE
THE ERIC ANDRE SHOW
THE GREATEST EVENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY
THE HEART, SHE HOLLER
THE VENTURE BROS.
KING OF THE HILL
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 99 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.