Update: Storyboards from the movie have became known which seem to corroborate some of the below details.
A French Blog has put up plot spoilers and details for Captain America: First Avenger.
These come from Screen Rant who gave us a good translation. Also, check out a new pic of a Hydra Soldier.
• The film is set 95% during the Second World War, but it starts today, with extracting a block of ice containing a mysterious figure, block located in the wreckage of a giant bomber. The film also ends in our time.
• The Shield: It is manufactured by Howard Stark, and the white parts are vibranium an indestructible alloy created by Stark Industries. In his “discovery” in the present, the shield of Captain America will be alongside the hero in the ice.
• Red Skull and Cosmic Cube: The Cosmic Cube is hidden in a church in Norway. Red Skull uses a tank to enter. The Cube is used to power a variety of vehicles, including the famous giant bomber, carrying bombs have targeted major U.S. cities and European capitals.
• Bucky and the Invaders: Bucky Barnes, and soldiers freed from a camp of the HYDRA form a group called the Invaders [But then where are the Howling Commandos? Normally, the Invaders team is composed of superheroes as Namor, the origins Torch, Toro, Union Jack, Spitfire ...].
• An error / a Freudian slip? Stephen Broussard co-producer discusses the meeting of superheroes in 2012 as follows: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and the Wasp in the Avengers movie. [Until now, the presence of Hank Pym and his wife has always been rejected.]
• A subject of the movie Iron Man 2 was used in Captain America [???].
Captain America: First Avenger hits theaters July 22nd, 2011 starring Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America and Hugo Weaving as his arch-enemy -- Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull.
Born during the Great Depression, Steve Rogers grew up a frail youth in a poor family. Horrified by the newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe, Rogers was inspired to enlist in the army. However, because of his frailty and sickness, he was rejected. Overhearing the boy’s earnest plea, General Chester Phillips offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a special experiment… Operation: Rebirth. After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the Super-Solider Serum and bombarded by ‘vita-rays.’ Steve Rogers emerged from the treatment with a body as perfect as a body can be and still be human. Rogers was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program. Three months later, he was given his first assignment as Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and battle savvy, Captain America has continued his war against evil both as a sentinel of liberty and as leader of the Avengers.