Alien Day Starts At Midnight
As previously announced, Fox has announced Alien Day for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 26th, which kicks off at midnight with a Twitter trivia contest.
Below you can check out all the announcements and how to get involved.
ALIEN DAY ON TUESDAY, APRIL 26
24 Hour Fan-Focused Social Media Event to Celebrate #AlienDay426
24 hour, fan-focused social media event celebrating the ALIEN franchise on Tuesday, April 26th – a nod to LV-426, the planet from the iconic ALIEN films. Fan day activations include the following:
· ALIEN: Ultimate Trivia Challenge
ALIEN DAY (#AlienDay426) kicks off at 12 AM ET on April 26th with a 24-hour Twitter contest in which every 42.6 minutes a new ALIEN trivia question will be presented via the official Alien Anthology Twitter account, @AlienAnthology.
· Each trivia question (35 over a 24-hour cycle) will have various prize packages from 20th Century Fox’s ALIEN franchise licensing partners including a Diamond Select Toys Reproduction Kenner 1979 Alien Figure (value $449), Sideshow Collectibles’ Alien Internecivus Raptus Statue ($500), ALIENS Power Loader Vehicle Replica from Hollywood Collectibles ($2000), Reebok’s Alien Stomper sneakers ($175); plus NECA Action figures, Zen Studios’ Alien vs Pinball digital pinball 3 pack, Dark Horse Alien franchise comics and much much more.
· In advance of the trivia contest kickoff, fans must pre-register their Twitter handle at ALIEN Anthology (http://AlienAnthology.com), and to qualify to win corresponding prizes, participants must “Reply” to the initial “question tweet,” correctly answer the question, and include the hashtags #AlienDay426 and #Contest. A winner (or “winners” when multiple prizes are offered) will be selected for each of the questions. Please refer to "Official Rules" for additional detail.
· ALIEN & ALIENS Returns to Theaters
On April 26th the ALIEN franchise returns to theaters in 20 cities, including Austin, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas as participating Alamo Drafthouse locations and partner venues showcase double-features of ALIEN and ALIENS. To accommodate the interest, additional screenings were added and promptly SOLD OUT; limited tickets however are still available for certain screening locations. Further ticket detail here: https://drafthouse.com/event/aliens
· Additionally, in New York, Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe-winner Sigourney Weaver (Ellen Ripley) will be on hand for a screening of ALIENS at New York City's Town Hall. This screening will feature a host of Xenomorph mayhem, including custom video pre-shows and a Mondo ALIEN T-shirt designed exclusively by Jay Shaw available for purchase.
· In Los Angeles, the Alamo Drafthouse presentation of ALIENS at the Theatre at Ace Hotel will include a Q&A hosted by Matt Gourly featuring cast members Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez) and Carrie Henn (Newt).
· Reebok Alien Stomper
One of the most-requested licensed products, the Reebok Alien Stomper worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley, as well as the mid tops worn by Lance Henriksen as the Android Bishop, are being released by Reebok in limited edition to mark ALIEN DAY. The iconic movie sneakers will be available beginning April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide.
Plus Additional Consumer Product releases:
· NECA Action Figures – The first-ever Private Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figure, as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure, will be available to honor the day.
· ALIEN DIGITAL PINBALL– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch a digital pinball 3 pack via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
· Funko LLC Figure Set – An ALIENS Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series debuts from Funko.
· Dark Horse Comics ALIENS Comic Book Series – Dark Horse expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing ALIENS comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original ALIENS series from 1986.
· Alien: Invasion Novel – Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon.
· Alien: Out of the Shadows Audio Drama – Audible launches this brand new audio drama starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role with Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) in a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.