Alien: Covenant Rumors Include Neomorph
We get some news and potential rumors and updates regarding Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant film that is due out next Summer.
It's reported that Michael Fassbender, who returns as the android David, referred to the xenomorph in Alien: Covenant as a Neomorph. Reportedly, the Neomorph is connected to the Alien in the first 1979 Alien movie.
The Aliens and Predator fan site AvPGalaxy states the Neomorph in Alien: Covenant is a brand new variation of the Alien encountered in the 1979 film. It is noted the production crew apparently referred to the new Alien as a Neomorph, which may not be the final name used in the release of Alien: Covenant, but just for production purposes.
Further rumors from the site include that the Neomorphs:
• Are the result of the local ecosystem having mutated by the accelerant/black goo.
• Pods grow on trees and the ground, and they release a spore when disturbed.
• The spores infect several members of the Covenant crew by entering their bodies through the ears and nostrils.
• The Neomorphs then grow inside the infected host.
• A Neomorph bursts through the back of one of the infected crew and is called a "backbuster."
• Another Neomorph busts out of an infected crew member's throat.
• The Neomorphs are white/translucent in coloration, with a pointed head and two dorsal spines.
• The Neomorphs move on all fours when born, but as they reach adulthood walk on their back legs, are animal-like in behavior, have fang-like teeth and tails.
Assuming the Neomorph rumor is legit, we see that the Neomorphs apparently evolve/mutate from vegetation and lay spores, while the Aliens we are all familiar with lay eggs and evolve/mutate from animals/humans. It's possible when the Neomorph lays its spore inside a human, the next version is the Alien which lays eggs and becomes the darker version.
"Alien: Covenant" has an August 4, 2017 starring Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Noomi Rapace, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Jussie Smollett, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz and Callie Hernandez.
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.