The latest issue of Total Film magazine has a featured article on Batman Vs. Superman.
Check out a batch of bullet points about Ben Affleck's new Dark Knight:
• Ben Affleck's Batman "is a little more mature" says Batman producer Charles Roven. "He's been doing it for a long time. Maybe jaded by it and darkened by it. He's tougher. He's different."
• Batman has "been around the block" and led a "successful crime-fighting campaign in Gotham City"; has kept the streets clean using "questionable methods."
• Batman is "still a vigilante," adds Roven. "And he's technically still wanted by police."
• Batman vs Superman fight is said to be "an epic clash of iconography," offered Affleck.
• Cavill's take on the fight: "...a seriously cool spectacle... there's only so much I can say, but it's epic. Really, very cool."
• Zack Snyder on the Batman vs. Superman fight: "The advantage that Batman has is the goodness of Superman; the compliance to fair play that Superman has... Batman knows how to exploit Superman."
• Batman will use his wits, resourcefulness, "souped up supersuit with armor"; don't bet against Batman using kryptonite.
• The Bat armor suit was created with CGI; Affleck wore "visual effects pajamas."
• Afflek piled on 30 pounds of muscle to play Batman in a 14 month time period. Affleck offered: "Rather than doing the shredded, ripped model version of a superhero, I just put on as much muscle as I can, to look like a UFC fighter or an American football player, or something like that."
• It's noted Affleck is "dreading" doing it (exercising) all over again for the sequels.
• Batman vs Superman is not an adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight graphic novel.
• Batman shares a mutual interest with Wonder Woman and Superman in that they are "looking for a similar thing."
"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" has a March 25, 2016 release starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Ray Fisher as Cyborg with Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter as Senator Finch and Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves. Justice League is to follow directed by Zack Snyder as well.
Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.
Batman Vs. Superman Comic-Con Trailer: