Fans in Scotland, get ready!
You're going to see the premiere of The Avengers: Infinity War!
The Avengers: Infinity War filmed in Edinburgh, Scotland in 2016, so local fans went and created a petition asking Marvel Studios if they would premiere the movie there.
It didn't take too many signatures when Drax himself came on board as Dave Bautista quickly tweeted, "I’m down to go to Edinburgh!"
The Avengers: Infinity War directors, the Russo brothers, followed up Bautista's tweet with one of their own: "Let’s do it, Dave. We’re on it. Get ready Edinburgh."
Let’s do it, Dave. We’re on it. Get ready Edinburgh.— Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) March 12, 2018
The petition includes some cool info about what went down when The Avengers: Infinity War filmed in Edinburgh:
- Avengers: Infinity War is the largest production the city of Edinburgh has ever hosted.
- The production filmed in Edinburgh’s historic UNESCO World Heritage Old Town for 7 weeks in the Spring of 2016, with a further 3 months of prep ahead of filming, transforming shop fronts, erecting props like bus shelters and street lights, even a café in Waverley Station and installing heavy equipment in the Royal Mile, Parliament Square, Cockburn Street.
- Filming took place through the night for 7 weeks, with local residents, businesses and the Council working collaboratively with the production to accommodate the filming. For instance, residents were asked to keep lights on or off throughout the night, businesses closed or kept staff on site all night to help with lights and access, the main entrance into the City Chambers was blocked off, St Giles Cathedral juggled services and celebrations with Avengers activity by night.
- Network Rail, long accustomed to working with high-level feature films like Wonder Woman and Paddington, gave an unprecedented 6 weeks of access to Waverley Station – more access than has ever been given to any production in any station in the UK.
- Over 400 production crew came in to the city from Atlanta Georgia where the production is based, while services and supplies were hired locally with an extensive ‘Avengers Reach’ throughout the city region.
An unprecedented cinematic journey ten years in the making and spanning the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War” brings to the screen the ultimate, deadliest showdown of all time. The Avengers and their Super Hero allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.
Anthony and Joe Russo direct the film, which is produced by Kevin Feige. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee are the executive producers. Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely wrote the screenplay. “Avengers: Infinity War” releases in U.S. theaters on April 27, 2018.