Top 10 Comic Books For November 2012; Marvel Takes 8 Spots
Marvel NOW! is happening and it's taking a majority of the market share and top spots for November 2012 comic sales.
Diamond released their preliminary sales numbers and we see Bendis' All-New X-Men #1 comes out on top.
Marvel also goes on to score seven more slots in the top 10, with DC Comics only having Batman and Justice League ranking.
Marvel hasn't had this good of a month since before the New 52 DC Comics reboot.
Of course, Marvel's are all new titles and #1's -- and up against DC's #14 issues.
The coming months will be interesting to see what develops at both companies. Will Marvel's titles remain in the top ten? And what about DC? Their sales continue to drop.
For November, DC had a market share of about 30%, down almost 7 percentage points since September.
I wouldn't be surprised if both publishers launched "Vol.2" after two years featuring a whole new batch of #1s.
TOP 10 COMIC BOOKS FOR NOVEMBER
1. All-New X-Men #1
2. Batman #14
3. Captain America #1
4. Deadpool #1
5. Indestructible Hulk #1
6. Iron Man #1
7. Fantastic Four #1
8. Uncanny Avengers #2
9. Justice League #14
10. Thor: God of Thunder #1
TOP 10 GRAPHIC NOVELS
1. THE WALKING DEAD VOLUME 17: SOMETHING TO FEAR TP (MR)
2. FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND HC
3. ADVENTURE TIME VOLUME 1 TP
4. FAIREST VOLUME 1: WIDE AWAKE TP (MR)
5. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO VOLUME 1
6. AVENGERS VS. X-MEN HC
7. THE BOYS VOL. 12: THE BLOODY DOORS OFF TP
8. THE WALKING DEAD VOL. 1: DAYS GONE BYE TP
9. SCALPED VOLUME 10: TRAILS END TP (MR)
10. RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS VOLUME 1: REDEMPTION TP
RETAIL MARKET SHARE
DC Comics: 30.04%
UNIT MARKET SHARE
DC Comics: 33.25%