Stark Trek Into Darkness Spoilers For IMAX Trailer Land Online
J.J. Abrams and Paramount screened the Star Trek Into Darkness IMAX trailer tonight which saw nine minutes of the film debut.
We already got a batch of previous spoilers from the full Star Trek trailer, and to go along with them, we have some for the IMAX trailer as well.
The details are not too specific, as Abrams requested certain details be kept under wraps, but there are spoilers for those who may not want to know anything nonetheless.
• Noel Clarke (Doctor Who) is in the movie. Clarke recently said that his part in the movie may have been cut as he said it was small. Not the case.
• The IMAX footage actually opens with Clarke's character who, along with his wife (Kayla Hassan), drives to the hospital where their little girl is unconscious. Clarke can't do anything to help but is approached by Benedict Cumberbatch, who says that he can help. Clarke asks who he is, with Cumberbatch just smiling mischievously.
• From there, the footage shows the red-colored planet from the trailer where Kirk and McCoy have been undercover visiting the planet's inhabitants; however, now they are on the run and need to escape! The trailer also revealed they jumped into an ocean because...
• The Enterprise is at the bottom! The rest of the crew are monitoring their mission, where we see a shuttle craft going inside a Volcano. Spock, Uhura and Sulu are there with Spock - as we've seen previously - in the volcano in an attempt to stop it from erupting.
• Abrams says that he hopes this IMAX footage will change how people view the film. As it's titled Star Trek Into Darkness, he says it's not at all that dark (The Dark Knight Rises Star Trek movie poster probably didn't help, either), and the footage shown reveals a fun adventure.
• An example of the humor is with Simon Pegg (Scotty) questioning if the Enterprise can operate underwater.
Star Trek Into Darkness has a May 17th, 2013 release date in 3D, is directed by J.J. Abrams and stars Chris Pine as Capt. James T. Kirk, Zachary Quinto as Spock, Karl Urban as Leonard "Bones" McCoy, Zoe Saldana as Nyota Uhura, Simon Pegg as Scotty, Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov, John Cho as Hikaru Sulu and Benedict Cumberbatch as an unnamed villain.
Warp on over to the Cosmic Book News Star Trek Movie Hub for more news, images and trailers.
In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes “Star Trek Into Darkness.”
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.