Star Wars: Episode VIII Rumors For Star Wars Day
Obviously these could be fake, but you can check them out below.
Star Wars: Episode VIII has a December 16, 2017 release directed by Rian Johnson starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Andy Serkis, Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran.
• Luke Skywalker Goes Ballistic
A reddit user posted a rumor that Luke Skywalker has an "explosive" temper. It's said one scene features Luke having a chat with Rey and Kylo Ren, which sees Luke loose his cool causing the large hut they are in to explode.
A couple weeks ago I posted a little bit of info about Ach-To being confirmed as the location of the first Jedi Temple (specifically, the large hut they built at Kerry is "where the Jedi began"). I also mentioned a certain member of the First Order winds up at this location in EpVIII as well. That individual is Kylo Ren.
Here's the saucy bit: A few weeks ago they blew up-- specifically, blew apart-- an Ahch-To hut. According to my source, Kylo and Rey have a conversation that Luke does not like. Luke tries to stop them. Luke gets angry... and the whole hut they are in disintegrates (re: 'blows up'). My source did not specify as to the exact cause of the disintegration, but based on the info I believe Luke accidentally (or perhaps even purposely) does so using the Force.
Obviously this isn't going to be able to be confirmed until the movie drops barring another script leak or MSW or someone receiving similar info, but feel free to set a RemindMe! as always.
Next drop: A returning character from Ep7 will be receiving the "Skywalker Special"...
• A 4Chan rumor mentions Hayden Christensen and more
I am in a position that allows me to know certain details regarding the movie. There have been a lot of “leaks” recently that the crew has found nothing short of hilarious. People have been teasing Daisy Ridley calling her ‘My father’ on set as a joke after the whole bullshit Reddit post which went viral regarding Rey being the reincarnation of Anakin.
Now regarding the movie, here is a bit of information which some of you may find enticing.
- Laura Dern’s character is named Asala Qurd. She is playing the leader of one of the Republic’s military cruisers who were not near the planet that Starkiller blew up. She was a part of the group of politicians and military leaders who believed that the First Order posed no threat, and there is a verbal confrontation between her and Leia in which Dern says ‘ The daughter of Darth Vader has no right to lecture me!’
- Poe Dameron has more screen time and isn’t just in an X-wing like most of TFA.
- Hayden Christenson shot a scene during the nighttime at Pinewood, in which he communicates with both Luke and Rey.
- Kelly Tran is a really cool individual and is a really kind person who can’t act. I have no idea why they cast her in Star Wars. Her characters’ name is Shtala Zi, and is a Resistance contact on the planet that houses Beneicio Del Toro, more on him later. She has a safe-house there and it is seen that Poe knows her from before. Shtala goes out with Finn and Poe on a reconnaissance mission, and just as Finn starts getting attached to her and flirting a bit, The First Order strikes and it is made to seem that she died as she disappears after a huge explosion.
- Yoda also appears to Rey alone, but does speak to Luke without his actual ghost appearing.
- Captain Phasma appears and a gunfight between her squadron and Finn and Poe occurs, with Poe being wounded as he is shot at his wrist. ( I’m not sure but I think they’re going to let his hand be blown off to continue the tradition of a hand being cut off in each episode. )
- Luke explains to Rey the story of Kylo Ren, and how he destroyed everything Luke built after he was corrupted by Snoke. He also speaks of how Han and Ben Solo never really got along, as Ben saw Han as absent from his life. This absence allowed Snoke to really play with his mind.
- Luke mentions Qui-Gon Jin when explaining the light side to Rey.
- No Lando.
- Del Toro is a former bounty hunter and was a leader in the Republic who was not present during the explosion which destroyed the capital. After seeing the devastation, he decides that maybe joining the First Order is his only option and has extremely classified information regarding the Resistance that he plans on giving them in return for immunity. Kylo Ren kills him after Del Toro snickers at Kylo. I have no idea what his name in the movie is.
- Rey is extremely strong with the force but is erratic with it. She tends to tap into the dark side when sparring with Luke which makes him unwilling to train her. Luke has the company of a small animal furry thing on his island, which looks like a cross between a dog, an Ewok and a lizard.
- Leia is wounded in an explosion which prompts Luke to action, Rey also feels a disturbance in the force. They leave on the Falcon to join the rest.
- That’s all I really have. The second half of the third act of the movie is EXTREMELY under wraps. Literally maybe 8 people know what is going down. I asked someone who knows and she told me, “ You’ll wanna wait and see it in a crowded movie theatre.”
• Tom Hardy is rumored for a role in Star Wars: Episode VIII - no specifics mentioned (via Facebook).
• Star Wars: Episode VIII rumored plot details (via reddit):
The backstory to Luke and his Jedi being wiped out is that Snoke seduced Kylo and a few of the other students to the dark side and tasked them with killing everyone. Luke and a few others survived, including a young Rey who was subsequently dumped on Jakku by Luke.
Rey's mom died in the attack.
Rey is pissed at Luke because she guesses that he was her father and is angry at him for abandoning her. Luke turns to her and says "No, you are my father".
Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Luke went to the first Jedi temple to better understand how the process works. He learned that the spirit of the chosen one is reincarnated by the Force every time the universe is thrown out of balance, which apparently happens on a semi-regular basis (Anakin was hardly the first time the chosen one reincarnated). This is why she's so crazy powerful with the Force (remember that Anakin blew up the Trade Federation donut ship by himself when he was like 8 years old).
Rey was the product of a virgin birth, but midichlorians aren't mentioned (Luke says "you are a child of the Force").
Luke is hesitant to train her because, according to Jedi history, the chosen one always struggles with staying on the light side of the Force because of the chaotic power running through them. He's afraid that she could become Vader 2.0. If he trains her to fight Kylo, and she turns dark, she would do way more damage to the galaxy than Kylo could ever dream of doing.
He ultimately trains her anyway and leaves everything up to the Force. He makes this decision in a scene where he confers with the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda (Ewan MacGregor and Frank Oz come back).
Rey learns lightsaber skills, Force skills, and has a vision quest thing where she talks with Maz Kanata (unsure if it’s telepathy or just a dream) and Hayden Christenson. The latter tells her that she is him, but different, and there’s a quick scene where we see hundreds of other Force ghosts who are implied to be past chosen ones.