SDCC 2011: Capcom Schedule
07/12/2011 - 7:48pm
Capcom released their panel and info for the 2011 San Diego Comic Con.
Capcom will be in attendance at San Diego Comic-Con 2011 with an incredible line-up of activities and special surprises. Capcom will once again be located at booth #4844 which is sure to be a can’t miss hub of activity for fans: playable demos of the upcoming 2011/2012 line-up of games, daily tournaments, signing sessions, and special deals at the Capcom store.
• STREET FIGHTER – Legendary Street Fighter producer, Yoshinori Ono will provide the latest update on highly anticipated fighting game STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN. Hear what’s in store for the iconic Street Fighter and TEKKEN characters in this explosive genre-defining game. TEKKEN producer Katsuhiro Harada will also appear to face off against Ono-san, continuing their fierce rivalry over which fighting game franchise reigns supreme. Exclusive reveals and special surprises are in store. Immediately following the Street Fighter panel on Thursday, witness the battle of the big boys as Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono and TEKKEN producer Katsuhiro Harada take the fight outside to the IGN/Sprint booth at the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel Park right across the street. Street Fighter fans are encouraged to come in costume to the show as Thursday has been deemed “Street Fighter Day” by Capcom. Thursday, July 21. 2:15-3:15p.m. in Room 6BCF.
• World of Capcom – Capcom fans won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn about the upcoming line-up of games from their favorite video game publisher. In addition to the latest trailers, several producers will be on hand to share in-depth details on their projects. Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Resident Evil 4) will discuss his exciting new open-world action adventure game Dragon’s Dogma. Jason Leigh will talk about the reimagined zombie outbreak in Fortune City starring Frank West in Dead Rising 2 Off The Record. Kazuhiro Tsuchiya will delve into the over-the-top new IP, Asura’s Wrath. Friday, July 22 5:00-6:00p.m. in Room 25ABC.
• Resident Evil – 2011 marks the 15th anniversary of the legendary video game franchise that gave fear a face and horror a home. Come find out the latest information about the newest entries to the Resident Evil franchise: the brutal truth behind Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City with producer Rey Jimenez, Resident Evil: Revelations for the Nintendo 3DS, the gorgeous re-imagining of Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD, plus some surprises! Followed by a Q&A session. Resident Evil devotees can dress up as their favorite series’ characters on Friday, which has been deemed “Resident Evil Day” by Capcom. Friday, July 22. 6:30-7:30p.m. in Room 5AB.
• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Fighting fans are in for a special treat about this legendary fighting game franchise straight from producer Ryota Niitsuma. Fans will get an exclusive behind-the-scenes peek as well as a chance to come on stage to showcase their skills for a chance to win special prizes. Followed by a Q&A session. Saturday, July 23. 11:00a.m.-12:00p.m. in Room 25ABC.
• Play the upcoming 2011/2012 line-up of games before they come out in stores! Playable demos include: Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil Revelations, STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, Asura’s Wrath, Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, and a new title that will be announced shortly before the start of the show.
• Tournaments will be happening in the heart of Capcom’s booth Thursday through Saturday at 11am-12pm and 3-4pm, and Sunday 11-12pm. Signup daily at the Capcom booth from 9-10am.
• Capcom producers and artists will be hosting signing sessions at various times during the show.
• Thursday is “Street Fighter Day” and Friday is “Resident Evil Day.” Fans who attend the show in the respective series’ costumes on the designated days will receive special bonuses at the Capcom store.
• The Capcom store will once again offer special merchandise and limited edition items, in addition to the ever popular Grab Bag filled with awesome Capcom goodies.
• There will also be additional special promotions and giveaways galore, so attendees are encouraged to visit the booth often.
• The Capcom-Unity team will be live streaming video from the show. Exclusive updates, behind-the-scenes looks and special guests are planned throughout the duration of the convention. Please visit the site at http://www.capcom-unity.com/ and check back often for the latest content.