Original 1964 Gene Roddenberry Star Trek Pitch/Script
Wow! What a great find!
Betweenthepagesblog posted a link to Gene Roddenberry's original pitch for Star Trek.
It's 16 pages long and dated March 11th, 1964.
You can download it here (pdf) if you want to check it out.
Among some of the more interesting tidbits:
• The Enterprise is not the original name of the ship - it's called "S.S. Yorktown" - and it is a "cruiser-class" vessel.
• Roddenberry states Star Trek could take place in 1995!
• The original name for the Captain was "Robert M. April."
• The second in command was to be female.
• Navigator is South American, Jose Ortega.
• Ships Doctor is named "Philip Boyce."
• Spock is referred to as looking "satanic" and half martian.
• No beaming technology mentioned, but use of a "recon rocket vehicle"
Roddenberry goes into details on episodes as well.