Joseph Gordon-Levitt Says Ant-Man Is Just A Rumor
Yesterday saw a rumor hit that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a top contender alongside Paul Rudd for the lead in the Ant-Man movie.
It was said the actors were to meet with Marvel Studios before a decision was made with the possibility of a third unknown name being added to the mix.
Now Joseph Gordon-Levitt has spoken up about the rumor stating it's just that.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt was present in Paris for the release of his latest film, Don Jon. Via Huffington Post France (translated by Google):
There is always a lot of rumors around these projects and so far it is still only discussions. I'm always very transparent when it comes to my role and my career. I'm usually the first to speak and communicate with my fans if something happens. If you hear nothing from me, they are just rumors.
It's possible Joseph Gordon-Levitt was never up for the role as he has been rumored for a lot of popular roles (Batman, Star-Lord, Star Wars). Or perhaps he just didn't get the part?
Ant-Man has a newly announced release date of July 31, 2015 directed by Edgar Wright.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News Avengers movie hub for more.