Jared Leto Upset Over Joker In Suicide Squad; Says "F' 'Em"
Jared Leto's Joker might be a one-and-done.
Leto recently starred in Suicide Squad, but it was learned a lot of his footage was cut from the movie, with Leto even stating the amount he filmed was enough for an entire Joker movie.
Now echoing a lot of fans' sentiments, Jared Leto isn't happy with how the Joker was portrayed in Suicide Squad and even says he felt tricked into doing the role.
The descriptions offers:
• Jared Leto was very honest about Suicide Squad.
• He has dissappointment over learning about the theatrical cut.
• Leto still hasn't seen the film.
• Leto feels "sort of" tricked into being a part of something that had been pitched to him by WB very differently.
• Leto went in thinking it would have been more artistic than what it became.
• Leto is feeling overwhelmed by all the hate regarding the look and choices.
• It's noted Jared Leto would say he "needs more joker," but at the same time seems unclear if he wants any part of the process going forward.
• It's said it's clear Jared Leto feels "fragile" about everything that had happened just two weeks before, and that he concentrated on his work so he can move forward to his next project.
• It's futher noted that Jared Leto will be starring in The Outsider, but after that is "anyone's guess at this point."
• Jared Leto also let it be known his Suicide Squad contract had a clause that prohibited him from doing any dangerous activities. Leto likes to rock climb which he wasn't able to do. Jared Leto said the following regarding that contract to WB, "F-ck 'em."
"Suicide Squad" is directed by David Ayer starring Will Smith as Deadshot, Jared Leto as the Joker, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Jai Courtney as Boomerang, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Adam Beach as Slipknot, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo, and Scott Eastwood in an unknown role.
It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Supervillains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?