The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile for October 17th, 2012
By: Chris "DOC"
( A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! )
1. Marvel Zombies Halloween : Can't find any street level books at your local shop? Well, look no further 'cause you'll find them all here -- too bad they're all zombies! Fred Van Lente puts brains in pumpkin buckets, making for a chillingly good time! Awesome!
2. Grimm's Fairy Tales: Sleepy Hollow #1: Has Tim Burton and Johnny Depp sullied your outlook on all things Sleepy Hollow related? This book will bring you back into the fold in all it's gory glory! Just check out that cover!
3. B.P.R.D.: 1948 #1: What's creepier than a cute little girl that's actually an ancient demon? NOTHING! Mike Mignola is always the "classy" horror scribe that relies on great stories instead of pure shock value.
4. Stitched #9 : Garth Ennis' graphic horror book continues and secrets abound! Think you could survive being locked on a ship overrun by pirates above and supernatural creatures below? Yeah, me either!
5. Zombies vs. Cheerleaders: The Misadventures of Becky and Bob #1 : With so many sickly sweet picks already on the list, I figured we needed some bubble gum for the end. I mean who doesn't love some cheerleaders puttin' boots to zombie asses? Fun read that doesn't take itself too seriously!